Thursday, May 28, 2015

I'm still alive!

Things have been super crazy, super busy these last couple of months. I'm finally starting to see a slow down and I'm so thankful.

I finally finished my year long student teaching. While I enjoyed the experience and I learned a lot, it's been incredibly hard. We all know that education isn't cheap, and not being able to work a paying job on top of that only makes it worse. I was student teaching 40 hours a week, having 2 three hour long night classes a week, hours and hours of lesson planning once I actually got home, and then I was able to make a meager income working a part-time job on the weekend.

I was starting to get so bogged down by everything that I ended up quitting the weekend job for my own sanity. I can't say I'm sorry I did it either. It was a job working in a home taking care of four physically/mentally disabled clients. It did have it's easy days, but three of the four wore diapers and if I wanted to clean up human poop I'd have been a nurse . . . or have a baby! haha.

As much as I love cooking I just didn't have the time for it! I'm also trying to be health conscious so I didn't want to resort to eating outside everyday. I have been prepping my meals, healthy meals, that aren't Indian (mostly boring stuff like chicken and veggies).

Meal prepping seems to be a pretty popular topic these days and I have a lot of people ask me how/what I do. I'm no nutritionist by any means, but if I got any interest from you guys I would be more than happy to share!

I'm still quite busy these days. I have one final summer class, and a pedagogy exam before I'm a full fledged bonafide secondary social studies teacher!

With everything else cleared out I've started substitute teaching. Aside from being in desperate need of income, this is a great way for me to get my foot in the door and meet different principles in hopes of landing a full time teaching position by August (how I long for my own classroom!).

I promise to try and stay more on top of my blog, now that I have no excuse not to!

ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment