Saturday, February 7, 2015

Indian Weddings are Beautiful pt. 1

I'd been sitting on this one for some time now. I don't yet know just enough about Indian Sikh weddings to write a detailed post, yet the photos from my Raj's sisters wedding are just too gorgeous. Over the next couple of days I'll mostly be sharing photos with tid bits of information that I do know about them.

So today, I'm sharing photos of Raj's sister getting her Mehndi done. Mehndi, what the heck is that? Well if you're an American you've probably seen booths at fairs offering Henna tattoos, it's very similar. From what I understand, there are other celebrations where mehndi may be applied, but its quite common during your wedding. Mehndi is a paste that is applied in eleborate patterns all over the hands, arms, legs, and feet.




Look closely at her hands, you'll find all the letters to spell out Ishneh, the name of the groom.


So beautiful right?!

This can stain the skin for many, many days. I've also heard that some think if it stains real dark, your husband will love you more. I hope since I'm white mine will come out super dark! Ha!




It's also not just the bride who has this done. She will have hers done more elaborately, but other members of the family will get it done also


Raj's mom and dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment