Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Being Crafty

So right now I'm on Spring Break. Lovely, wonderful, get to sleep in until 12pm Spring Break! I did not want to waste the whole thing and I thought that I should finish a project I took on forever ago, so I did.

I have these two matching shelves that belonged to my grandmother. They're on the smaller side, but have been incredibly useful for storage, especially since we have SO much stuff crammed into a tiny apartment. I love these shelves, but they just weren't pretty to look at. They are in my dining room along with my solid wood table SO MUCH BROWN IN ONE TINY ROOM!!


I really wish I had remembered to take better "before" photo's, I forgot BOTH times. I guess that part wasn't meant to be.

I took these plain old wooden shelves and painted them white. I though they looked fab! However, I knew that I could step it up a notch. 

I (Raj) measured the space of each shelf (they don't come out) and cut that measured size out of foam cardboard. Then I wrapped each piece with fabric and stuck it in the back. I am now SO in love with these I just can't even. The best part about the foam board is that I can remove them and change the backing anytime! Thanks pinterest!



The only bad thing, is that I'm still needing to use them in my dining room for storage, so with everything on them it's hard to see the pretty backside!

That's okay though! Hopefully we'll be moving in the next year and I'll find a better use for them!

So I just thought I'd share what I had been up to over my break and hopefully spread out some inspiration! =)




2 comments: