Saturday, March 21, 2015

My boyfriend's friends'

Hello! It's been far too long since I've posted. I'm in the final months of my program and things have been terribly busy! Rather than taking time I don't have to cook, I've been prepping my meals weekly (this also doubles to help in weight loss!) so I haven't had any new recipes to publish, don't worry though, I have tons more to share.

I had something on my mind tonight and I thought I should write about it. Raj has some amazing friends. I've had boyfriends in the past who had friends that I truly didn't care for. Everyone of Raj's friends that I've met so far have been some of the nicest, sweetest people I've ever met.

I had met other Indian's, in college. They all seemed so quiet, stand offish, and shy. I shouldn't generalize and I don't mean to, but this is just in my experience, so Raj and his friends came as a surprise! I feel that they've all been very supportive of our relationship, and that means so much!

Despite the fact that most of his friends now live far away, out of state, we do have one that lives in the same complex as we do. We hang out often!Yesterday he invited us over to try his culinary skills, and he whipped up this big, amazing dinner for us. It was very touching actually.

Raj enjoying that awesome dinner!


So, for those of you in a multicultural relationship, how do you get along with your significant others' friends?


No comments:

Post a Comment